Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Warrior Dash!

We spent this past weekend in Copper Mountain with some great friends to participate in the Colorado 1st Annual Warrior Dash. It's a 3.26 mile run with several 'extreme' obstacles to include hay bale climb, tire run, cargo net climb and of course the dreaded mud pit crawl...just to name a few. The race climbs up the mountain to about 10, 500 feet at the highest - combined with all the obstacles - it was a real challenge - for me anyway! My only goal was to finish - and I did in 57 mins! To think that only 5 short months ago I could barely walk and was having so much problems with vertigo and my vision - this is such a great accomplishment! This just goes to show that MS does not rule my life...I rule my life! HoooRahhh! Can't wait for next year!



Callie and Emma wearing their Warrior Gear


Chris in his warrior helmet


Warrior Dash here we come!!


Chris and I coming into the final stretch before the mud pit




Chris and I diving into the pit - not a good idea in hindsight




We made it! Now it's only a half mile to go - but 3 hard obstacles
remain! Can we make it??


YES!!! At the finish line - we all made it through - some a little
more beaten up and bruised than others - but all in all a good
time was had by all!

No comments: