Monday, July 21, 2008
New Earrings
Today I finally convinced Emma that it is time to change her earrings. We bought her some beautiful pink Mickey Mouse earrings in Disney World last summer and she has never let us come near them. You wouldn't believe the fits and the absolute tantrums this little girl has thrown - partially because she loves those earrings, but mostly because she was afraid it would hurt to take them out. No matter what we did or tried to bribe her with, it made no difference - nothing worked. I'm not quite sure what changed today - maybe it was letting her play with my earrings - putting them in and then taking them out - over and over and over again. Maybe it was telling her she could have ice cream and her finally caving in or maybe it was just time for her to be brave. I bought her 2 new pairs of earrings for her 3rd birthday - a pair of Hearts and a pair of Butterflies, she got to pick, the Butterflies have it! I put her favorite song on the iPod player (Carrie Underwood's Wasted) and very smoothly removed the first earring and inserted the new one - IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! I thought it would be smooth sailing from there - but of course she wouldn't let me come near her to do the second ear. Finally after about 30 mins of begging and pleading - and playing that Carrie Underwood song about 50 times - she agreed to let me change out the second ear. SUCCESS!! She looks beautiful...I wish I had a picture to show but she was having no part of that tonight and I figured I better not push it. It's the little battles we find our greatest success in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH YES I LOVE THE NEW LOOK!! SO easy right?!?!
The new look is very cool. Is that really Rocket on your playlist :-)?
Post a Comment