Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crying

How is it that Emma can make me melt with just one look? Tonight we were winding down getting ready for bed - flipping through the channels to find something to watch when I came across Flicka. I thought it was a movie about a horse or a dolphin or something like that - but I knew that Tim McGraw (hello hot stuff - but not hotter than my husband =0)) was in it - so I stopped. Good Lord - I had no idea of the uncontrollable emotional mess I was about to release. Emma was interested becuase she loves horses, and this is the first movie that wasn't a cartoon she's actually sat and watched...and I loved it...until...Tim McGraw the evil dad sells Flicka and the daughter who loves Flicka is crying that her horse is being taken away. Before I knew it Emma was weeping and sobbing - she wouldn't stop and was inconsolable. In like 5 mins she managed to get so connected to this horse - I couldn't help it - I burst into tears and just held her in my arms telling her it was okay. We had no choice but to finish out the movie so she could see that Flicka comes home and everything works out. Seriously - the movie eventually ends that way but only after the horse gets attacked by a lion and the girls falls deathly ill - are you kidding me?? There should be warning labels that your child and the mommy are about to be traumatized for all eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you said to be nice but come on, a pg movie with an animal they are never rainbows and butterflies, Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Yearling, Bambi, Dreamer.....now that I think about it maybe children should just stick to Sesame Street I doubt Big Bird will every get his head lobbed off and eaten at thanksgiving