This is Emma and you were right if you said she's touching a snake (well snake skin). I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth - and I couldn't believe my eyes! The other day we came outside and found this lovely skin wrapped through my handsome frog statue - apparently a snake has made it's home down between the stone and soil in my flower bed - YUCK!. Anyway before I knew what was happening, Emma was in the flower bed holding the snake skin very intrigued - she was fascinated and even though I absolutely hate snakes and the thought of my daughter touching them - I didn't want her to be scared. So we very gently placed the snake skin on the edge of the flower bed so she could get a better look and feel - yes I touched it and thought I was going to die! When I asked her what it felt like she said "it feels like strawberries" - there you have it! The two things in the whole wide world I would never have compared to one another - but somehow after she said it I realized she was not far off.
Monday, July 28, 2008
It Feels Like Strawberries
This is Emma and you were right if you said she's touching a snake (well snake skin). I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth - and I couldn't believe my eyes! The other day we came outside and found this lovely skin wrapped through my handsome frog statue - apparently a snake has made it's home down between the stone and soil in my flower bed - YUCK!. Anyway before I knew what was happening, Emma was in the flower bed holding the snake skin very intrigued - she was fascinated and even though I absolutely hate snakes and the thought of my daughter touching them - I didn't want her to be scared. So we very gently placed the snake skin on the edge of the flower bed so she could get a better look and feel - yes I touched it and thought I was going to die! When I asked her what it felt like she said "it feels like strawberries" - there you have it! The two things in the whole wide world I would never have compared to one another - but somehow after she said it I realized she was not far off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess it is better than tasting like Strawberries!?!?!
Post a Comment