Monday, September 28, 2009

So Proud!

I just got a call from the newly ranked Private Austin McCullough! He took his New Boy test on Sunday and found out today that he passed with flying colors! I haven't been able to speak to him since mid-August when we said our Be Seeing You's - so the phone call was an absolute perfect end to my day! He is doing so well and is adjusting wonderfully! He says that he hates inspections (they have 3 a day) but is learning something new every day! Austin is also on the honor roll and playing on the St. John's soccer team. We will be heading out in 2 weeks to attend his New Boy official graduation and we can't wait to see him!

My dearest Austin,

You have made me the proudest Mama on the planet today! I know this experience has been hard -but you have found your way through and have excelled past your first hurdle. I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks at your ceremony - and know that I couldn't be any prouder than I am of you today. We love you with all our hearts!

mom, chris & emma

No comments: