Friday, December 19, 2008

Welcome Home Austin and Lexi!!!



Austin and Lexi are finally back at the Rea-McCullough house for x-mas 2008! It's been 6 months since they were in Colorado and we had a very big surprise in store for them. Since August we have had to be very secretive and limit our posts and information in conversations in lieu of this visit. Back in August Chris and I fell upon a tremendous opportunity in finding our dream home. It's been a long journey as is any purchase of a new home - but trying to keep it a secret from Aus and Lex was even more difficult! We moved in in November and have been very busy getting unpacked and nesting. We weren't able to get everything we planned done prior to Austin and Lexi getting here - but were happy with our progress none the less.

Emma and I drew and cut all the letters for the Welcome Home sign in preparation of their first glimpse of their our new house. They had known for a few weeks that we had a surprise for them - and were absolutely crazy in the days leading up to their trip trying to guess what their huge surprise was. I picked them up from the airport and we headed to a dinner with family and friends - all the while the anticipation is building and busting...On the way home - I told them that I had to stop by some friends house - Mike and Tami - to pick up some things (we actually live right across the street from our great friends) Austin and Lexi had been to their house last summer so we figured the neighborhood would be familiar - but they wouldn't remember the exact house - WRONG!! I pulled up to our house - playing it off as Mike and Tami's - only to see them in the rear view mirror looking across the street - HORROR!! I was thinking they couldn't possibly remember the exact house - after only having been there one time - could they?? YUP they could! It was all I could do to get them into our house under the pretense that it was actually Mike and Tami's. Chris and Emma were already home and had hung the sign and were anxiously awaiting our arrival - we walk in and Emma yells SURPRISE!!!! And both kids just looked at us completely confused - HA! It took them a minute to understand and then a half a second to go tearing through the house to find their bedrooms and to see the rest of the house. All in all it turned out great and they were totally surprised and they LOVE the house!! We are so glad to be having our first Christmas in our new house with the whole family!

No comments: