Despite the fact that today is my 35th birthday - I'm super excited!! I love birthdays! Today my husband and family has planned a pig roast in my honor - sounds a little funny or weird to some people but it's one of my favorite parties. It's kind of become a tradition in our family and with our friends - to celebrate significant events in our family's lives - this will be the 3rd one in the past 4 years. This tradition was sparked by our good friends Mike and Tami when Chris and I got engaged. A little bit of history, Chris proposed to me on May 8th, 2004 in Hawaii. It was our 2 year dating anniversary and our last day on the islands - he had planned to do it at the beginning of our trip but he could never find the perfect time. Truth be told, I unknowingly ruined every attempt he made - HA! Anyway, Mike and Tami wanted to throw us a special engagement party and Tami came up with the great idea and they pulled off a wonderful party. That was it, the pig roast fire was ignited and here we are today!
I can't wait to see all the pictures tomorrow!! ;-)
1 comment:
...And what a success it was!!! I had a great time and Happy Birthday again! The pig tastes just as good today as it did the first party!!! Thank you for some leftovers it made GREAT green chili!!
Love you,
Tami
Post a Comment